What can I do to become a better leader? Here are six questions to ask yourself.
- Do I give clear direction and guidance and take responsibility for the results?
- Do I share information through open conversations with my team?
- Do I exercise my influence by encouraging and developing others?
- Do I lead an honest life committed to high moral and ethical values even when no one is looking?
- Am I honest about my strengths and my weaknesses and seek out help from others?
- Do I demonstrate self-discipline in managing my emotions and focusing on the team mission?
Tough questions. Ask them regularly. Lead well.