Things that make customers cringe:
- Waiting to get help from a Call Center
- Having no way to get to a human
- Being told to go to a list of solutions for the most common problems…that you must hunt through in vain
- Chatbots that are no help at all
- Making methods for reaching out to a company a treasure hunt
- Lack of communication on delivery status
- An automated self-service portal that strands you if no option fits your problem
- Having to repeat your account information
- No knowledge of your problem even though you have called before
- Begin told “we will be there between 12 and 4 and someone must be present”
- Being asked—begged—to respond positively to a survey
This list could go on, but I think you get the picture.
Businesses have so many tools, however, it would seem most of them have no idea how to use them.
The answer for improvement is simple. Leaders, EXPERIENCE THINGS YOURSELF before you implement them. Then, follow the golden rule. If you don’t like it, don’t do it to your customers.
==> If you would like to know when new posts appear, CLICK HERE to subscribe. (Don’t worry, they only come once a week.)